Financial Planning to Meet Your Wealth Management Needs
At Mason, our experienced financial planners build an in-depth knowledge of you and your family and employ a unique team-based analytical planning process to develop a highly detailed, strategic, and tailored plan to meet your needs. We offer no proprietary products or services, so you can be assured that we are objective in our recommendations and fulfill our role as a fiduciary by always acting in your best interests.
The Mason Process
At Mason, taking the time to get to know you is the foundation for developing a financial strategy to meet your goals, whether it is addressing executive compensation issues, tax management, early retirement, charitable planning strategies, education funding or another objective. A financial plan serves both as a snapshot of where you stand in achieving your financial goals and as a roadmap for steps and actions on the recommendations contained in the plan. We follow a conscientious and disciplined process of financial planning for those with whom we engage.
A Heritage of Financial Planning for Executives
Integrating the Corporate Sponsor Perspective
Corporate benefits rewards programs can play a key role in attracting and retaining talented staff. Mason’s experience in corporate sponsored benefits programs means that we understand the challenge and opportunity in helping key executives understand and utilize their company’s total rewards program. We work with sponsors and employees to:
- Help executives understand and maximize the value of the corporate sponsor’s total rewards program.
- Encourage the executive to make financial decisions in a manner that is sensitive to the company’s fiduciary and corporate reporting requirements.
- Build strong, long-term relationships with companies and their employees
- Respect the executive’s time with a process geared toward providing significant value for the participant at each meeting.
- Recognize that a plan’s value lies in timely implementation and devote as much attention to guiding the executive on plan implementation as we do on plan design.
Complex Planning for Individuals and Multi-Generational Families
Philanthropy may play a major role in your financial and estate planning. Yet, balancing these goals against your current needs and legacy wishes can be complex. We integrate your charitable intentions throughout every part of your overall financial plan. Our recommendations for implementation may range from straightforward direct giving and personal involvement to more complex structures such as charitable trusts, donor-advised funds, and foundations to innovative “tax-smart” ways to give.
We advise clients on developing a family financial philosophy, including a personal financial mission statement that helps to define objectives in:
- Financial independence – the resources needed to maintain the desired lifestyle
- Family legacy – the amount of money available for family members and other heirs
- Social capital legacy – the remainder of the estate which will be used for society’s needs, either through estate taxes or charitable gifts
For select clients, the tax group at Mason provides individual income tax return preparation for the federal, state and local jurisdictions in which our clients are required to file. We are able to integrate information gathered through the financial planning process with the tax data of our clients. This reduces the likelihood of errors in tax returns and enhances the quality of the tax advice we give as part of the client’s overall financial plan.