The Brookline Community Foundation and Mason Investment Advisory Services, Inc. Present:
How Charitable Donors, Investment Advisors, and Other Philanthropic Professional Advisors Can Partner to Help Grow Community Foundations.
In this one hour continuing education session, the speaker will outline opportunities for professional advisors to work more seamlessly with community foundations. Community foundations across the country utilize third-party advisor partnerships to enhance growth and to help build relationships with professional advisors in their communities. Through such partnerships, investment advisors can promote philanthropy to their investment clients and play a role in the ongoing investment management of donated funds. This session will introduce this concept, present examples of existing implementations nationwide, and discuss creative solutions that may enable more collaboration between community foundations and their local professional advisor networks.
Presenter from Mason Investment Advisory Services, Inc.
Will Thorpe, MBA, Chief Marketing and Development Officer, Mason Investment Advisory Services
Mr. Thorpe joined Mason Investment Advisory Services, Inc. in October 2003. Prior to that date, Mr. Thorpe was a Financial Advisor with UBS Financial Services. Prior to that, Mr. Thorpe was a Consultant with BTS, Inc in Stamford, CT. Mr. Thorpe also held positions with Teligent, Crestar Bank and Pioneer Technologies Group. He received both his Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance in 1993 and his MBA, with a concentration in Finance in 2002 from The University of Maryland. Mr. Thorpe is a member of Mason’s Investment Committee and a member of Mason’s Management Committee.
Over the past 20 years, Mr. Thorpe has helped to raise over $7.5B in institutional and private client assets. He has presented at multiple industry conferences and client events over the years.
November 1, 2023
4:30 – 5:00 pm: Registration and Cocktails
5:00 – 5:15 pm: Introductions
5:15 – 6:15 pm: Continuing Education Workshop
The Country Club
191 Clyde Street
Brookline, MA 02467
Learning objectives include:
- Identify three ways to enhance your client relationships through philanthropy.
- Gain exposure to a service offering through community foundations.
- Learn several ways that non-profits may structure their portfolios to incorporate multiple investment advisors.
- Identify multiple charitable vehicles offered by community foundations including donor advised funds, community funds, field of interest funds, endowed funds, and more.
Who should attend?
Estate Planning Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants, Certified Financial Planners, Bank Trust Officers, Insurance Agents, Chartered Financial Consultants, and any other professional advisors interested in improving their charitable planning knowledge to build their private client practices.
To register, please call of email:
Continuing Education Credits:
- Chartered Financial Consultants (ChFC®) may earn one continuing education credit. Please note that ChFC® credits are self-reported and may or may not be approved by the American College.
- CPAs may earn one continuing professional education credit for specialized knowledge.
- Bank Trust Officers may earn 1.25 CTFA credits.
American Bankers Association (ABA) Professional Certifications has approved “How Charitable Donors, Investment Advisors, and Other Philanthropic Professional Advisors Can Partner to Help Grow Community Foundations” for: 1.25 CTFA CE credits. ABA Professional Certifications is dedicated to promoting the highest standards of performance and ethics within the financial services industry. This statement is not an endorsement of this program or its sponsor.
- PENDING – Certified Financial Planners may earn one continuing education credit.
- PENDING – Attorneys may earn one continuing legal education credit.
- PENDING – Insurance Agents may earn one continuing education credit.
For more information related to this program, please contact:
For information related to complaints, please contact:
Chief Marketing and Development Officer
Mason Investment Advisory Services
11921 Freedom Drive
Reston, VA 20190
T: (703) 716-6000
F: (703) 716-6020
Mason Investment Advisory Services, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.