Based in Reston, Virginia, we are a national financial planning and investment advisory firm serving high net worth individuals, endowments, and Fortune 500 corporate sponsored financial planning clients. We are looking for a full-time Tax Manager to become part of our team.
Required: Bachelor’s degree
Required: Actively licensed CPA or EA with a PTIN
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Serve as a tax technical resource for the firm
- Assist with review and preparation of individual and trust income tax returns
- Assist with training seasonal tax preparers
- Assist in preparing responses to tax notices and examinations on behalf of clients
- Assist financial planners with tax projections and miscellaneous tax research
- Assist financial planners with the development of the tax planning portion of comprehensive personal financial plans
- Calculate estimated tax payments for clients on a quarterly basis, as needed
- Assist the department in researching and applying tax laws, IRS Rules and Procedures and tax return positions
- Engage in special projects as requested by financial planners and firm leadership
- Develop and conduct technical tax education for the firm
- Prepare and deliver educational sessions and materials for staff and clients as needed on new tax law, practice issues and tax planning concepts
- 5+ years’ experience in preparing and reviewing individual and trust income tax returns, particularly high net worth individuals, corporate executives and expatriates.
- Experience in public accounting, multi-State tax issues, foreign income and asset reporting, pass-through entities, and sole proprietorships is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Adobe PDF, BNA Income Tax Planner and experience working in a paperless environment
- Prior experience with Prosystems fx or CCH Axcess preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This person will work as part of a team whose goal is to provide our clients with tax, financial planning and investment solutions based on their individual needs.
Excellent benefits, including medical/dental insurance, 401(k) plan, competitive salary and a great work environment. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.