Financial Planning for Executives
Mason’s roots are in corporate-sponsored financial planning programs. For companies that provide financial planning to their key staff as an executive benefit, Mason may be the right choice. Since 1982 we have worked with corporate executives as part of their companies’ executive programs. Mason’s financial planning group uses a unique team-based analytical planning process to develop a highly detailed, strategic and specific plan for each individual client. The employer pays the Mason planning fee, while our financial planners work directly with the executive. Together they review all aspects of the executive’s compensation plans and long-term financial planning needs. A financial plan is useful as a snapshot of where an individual stands in achieving his or her financial goals. We believe the real value lies in conscientious consideration of and implementation of the recommendations contained in the plan. Mason financial planners will follow up with executives on the status of implementation of recommendations.
The Mason Process
The Mason planning process starts with the executive’s vision. Our planners carefully consider lifestyle goals, philanthropic goals, career and retirement goals, and legacy goals in developing a sound financial plan. A multi-disciplinary team of specialists then reviews the client’s current and projected financial situation, explores alternatives for action and provides specific recommendations covering a wide range of areas including financial independence and retirement; income tax planning; education funding; budget; investment portfolio; estate planning; risk management; and how best to maximize the value of all corporate award opportunities available to the executives.
Step 1: Data Gathering
We spend time getting to know you and learning about your financial situation through gathering data. Our interview approach is interactive and thorough and does not rely on standard questionnaires or checklists.
Step 2: Preliminary Report
Our first report contains analyses and summaries of data gathered from you on a broad range of planning issues and topics. Your review of the initial report allows you an opportunity to ensure that Mason’s understanding of your situation and goals mirrors your actual situation and goals.
Step 3: Plan Development
Each plan is custom designed by a diverse team that provides the full breadth of Mason’s resources and experience. The ideas generated in the design process form the basis of the financial plan.
Step 4: Implementation
We believe the real value of our planning process lies in taking action and executing the recommendations contained in your plan. We assist with all implementation that does not require legal counsel.
Step 5: Monitoring and Support
We continuously monitor your financial plan and make adjustments as your circumstances or objectives change.
Considerations for the Corporate Sponsor
HR departments face the unique challenge of ensuring their key executives understand and utilize the company’s total rewards program. Maximum use of rewards programs impacts the retention of valued executives. Financial planning can play an important role in retaining key executives and in protecting the executive and the company in an ever-changing environment.
- Helps executives understand and maximize the value of the corporate sponsor’s total rewards program.
- Encourages the executive to make financial decisions in a manner that is sensitive to the company’s fiduciary and corporate reporting requirements.
- Is fixed-fee-based to enable us to focus on building strong, long-term relationships and not on logging billable hours.
- Respects the executive’s time with a process geared toward providing significant value for the participant at each meeting.
- Recognizes that a plan’s value lies in timely implementation. We devote as much attention to guiding the executive on plan implementation as we do on plan design.
A key measure of a financial program’s effectiveness is participant retention after the first year. We are proud of our high retention rate of executive planning clients.
Considerations for the Corporate Executive
As an executive with the opportunity to participate in a corporate-sponsored financial planning program, you have two decisions: 1) whether to move forward with the financial planning process, and 2) who to assist you in moving forward with the process.
When you work with Mason
- You will work with a senior, experienced and credentialed financial planner, backed by a multi-disciplined team that strives to provide thorough, appropriate recommendations based on a full understanding of how your company’s total rewards program can be used to your benefit.
- Mason has no proprietary products or services as part of our planning recommendations.
- We value your time and have designed our process to provide significant value at every meeting.
- We work with you to prioritize and implement recommendations that will have significant impact on your long-term financial health.
- We provide ongoing consultation to help you respond to unanticipated opportunities.
- We update your financial plan as needed to reflect your continually evolving financial situation as well as changes in tax, investment and other planning strategies.
With over 30 years of financial planning experience, Mason believes that we offer the quality relationship, the objective advice and the focus on implementing sound recommendations that can support you as you seek to achieve or consolidate your financial independence.
We work together with you to maximize the investment of time you make in reaching your financial goals. If you are interested in receiving personal attention and the time and care it takes to generate a financial plan tailored to your unique situation in life, Mason may be ideally suited to meet your needs.
Click below to request more information about Mason’s financial planning services.
Washington, DC Area Office:
Address: 11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 200, Reston, VA 20191
(703) 716-6000 (Phone)
(703) 716-6020 (Fax)
San Francisco Bay Area Office:
Sign up for updates
Investment Management and Financial Planning Services are provided by Mason Investment Advisory Services, Inc.
The Mason Companies is comprised of Mason Investment Advisory Services, Inc., a SEC Registered Investment Advisor; Mason Securities, Inc., a FINRA Member Broker/Dealer (www.finra.org); and Mason Associates.
All information contained on this website is © Copyright, Mason Investment Advisory Services, Inc.
All client portals are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Use of these websites is at your own risk. We and our suppliers disclaim all warranties. Neither we nor our suppliers shall be liable for any damages of any kind with the use of this website. Using the portal requires the use of a password and a user name. Please take appropriate security measures to maintain the confidentiality of your password and username.